Monday, June 26, 2006

Day 13 and 14

Day 13 and 14 of my 14 day bootcamp for the T-Tapp contest was spent in the Sierra mountains camping.

We arrived around 3pm on Friday and set up camp.
This is our camping "Box" that my husband built. It has a kitchen with running hot water on demand, a toilet and a shower, with plenty of storage, solar panels and even a refrigerator.
Friday night we roasted Louisiana Hot Links for dinner. I even ate a couple of roasted marshmallows smashed between double stuff oreos and got silly on cheap merlot.
We had to fight mosquito's immediately. It was very hot and with the recent snow melt, prime conditions for them. Both myself and my son are magnets for them and bites on me can swell up like golfballs. We sprayed with Cutters but not before they had had a decent meal out of us.
I had already done my T-tapp for the day before leaving home, so I just relaxed in camp tending to itchy bites. Even with bug dope on, one found a spot on my left eyelid to bite and during the night I woke up with a swollen and itchy earlobe due to one of them! Fortunately I know of a good anti-itch ointment that works pretty good.
Saturday morning I cooked a big breakfast of hot links and Scrambled eggs, extra sausage and blueberry pancakes for the guys. I had a couple of bites off my sons plate and one sausage link and one small pancake with butter.
We headed out for a hike around 10am. We hiked up a mountain creek and found a spot where my husband could try out the gold pan he received on Fathers Day and where Noah, Lady the Dog and I could cool off. Noah dunked himself in completely in the icy water. I was happy wading along with Lady.
I was trying out a "homemade" mosquito repellent and it was working pretty good but didn't last long enough and was running for the Cutters within a couple of hours.
When we got back to camp it was 105 degrees out and we were all pretty beat. I still hadn't done my workout and was wondering how I was going to manage in the heat. But soon there were huge dark thunder clouds spouting lighting and rumbling through the air and the temperature dropped to 84 degrees. I ran into the tent and did Mini-Max 2 from memory and from notes I had taken. I was sweating so badly! Yeah! I had managed to get the workout done with no break in my Bootcamp!
I had washed my hair and was waiting for the guys to get back
from a run down the road sitting under the tarp my husband had built for shade and watched fits of hail come down. It was a welcome sight!

I was drinking a ton of Sanfuastino Mineral Water and munched on some potato chips around 4 and ate 4 oreo cookies before the guys got back.
Dinner was Tri-Trip, salad, fried potatoes, baked beans and corn. All I had an appetite for was salad and a small strip of Tri-Trip and a nice couple glasses of good merlot.
After cleaning up the dishes and putting everything in order I was so tired I had to go lie down. I ended up falling into a nice peaceful sleep and didn't wake up until early the next day.
That's me in the tent sleeping :)
We got home on Sunday and I got day 14 done around 2pm.
Sunday night I made a meal out of Shrimp, leftover tri-trip, sauteed green beans in red pepper/garlic olive oil and rice. It was delicious!
I gave myself a foot rub and lavender soak and then treated my husband to the same. Then we took turns taking a 30 minute Dead Sea Salt bath and both of us had a long relaxing sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home