Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Working out

A week before the challenge was to begin I had a toothache. I had ate way too many nuts during the holidays and at one time thought I had broke something in a back tooth. And now I was sure I had. And now.... I was in trouble. Once again putting every one's needs before mine. A toothache quickly turned into an all out infection...an all out fever...blood pressure soaring...pain unbearable.....mind delirious...My husband rushed me to the dentist where I was given pain medication and antibiotics and told to be back first thing in the morning. Still with fever the next morning and still lack of sleep due to pain...I went back. I was in some serious condition...I thought I might die.

Three days before the contest began I was having emergency surgery. Bone infection...bone loss...bone grafts in my future....

Big sigh...

But still...I was determined to join the challenge. My health has been sinking this past year...I was fat and out of shape. I cant think as clearly as I once had and family and parenting obligations were stressing me to my limit.

So I'm happy to say that even though I wasn't able to start working out until Monday..on that Friday I joined the challenge. And I'm determined to finish it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey Leigh said...

Good for you! I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your tooth. That's never a fun time.

Hope you feel better soon and get great results in the T-Tapp challenge! Take care.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Mrs. P said...

Thank you Casey. So nice to "see" you here :)

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home